Weekend Mornings aren’t complete without this lightly-browned fluffy creatures lying on your breakfast table.
Like many “health and fiber-conscious” people, I don’t really want to use the “empty” refined all-purpose flour. Remember, the dietary expert and my Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention instructor Katie Ferraro MPH,RD, CDE said that “fiber” is the future!
Therefore, the more fiber you add in your servings the better off you will be.
And so, here is a recipe that will satisfy that premise.
Whole Wheat Pancakes
Adapted from Skinny Taste
- 2 cups Organic Whole Wheat flour
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp fat free milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- sunflower oil
- Nutella spread (for a little swirling only!)
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add wet ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix well with a spoon until there are no more dry spots; don’t over-mix.
3. Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Lightly coat it with oil and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter.
4. Wash strawberries, cut the top part off and cut them lengthwise.
5. When the pancake starts to bubble, you may add your strawberries if you wish. (or you can add them on top of your pancake tower later)
6. When the bubbles settle and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes.
7. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
8. Get that fork and dig in! ((=
Makes 14 pancakes.
Calories: 171.7 • Fat: 2.1 g • Carbs: 31.5 g • Fiber: 4.9 g • Protein: 8.9 g • Sugar:2.5 g
Sodium: 561.4 g