Preparing and eating Thai food is like a roller-coaster ride.
That mixed overwhelming emotions once you’re going up. And when gravity starts pulling… You’ll suddenly feel that rush of sour-sweetness from those mangoes, an exhilarating cilantro-shallot kick midway …and before you know it, you’ll taste the adrenalin sting of that spicy, sweet and sour sauce.
Try it, to believe it (=
- 4 medium mangos – peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 sweet-chili sauce
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the mango cubes into a serving bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice and olive oil. Season with red pepper flakes, cilantro, shallots, salt and pepper.
- Whisk briefly, then pour over the mangos.
- Stir to coat, then cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to blend the flavors before serving.